What is coaching
Coaching in the OCC is an online conversation between you and a coach. It is about a personal matter or question that is relevant to you. What is it that you want to change or develop, what is bothering you? That is the topic of the coaching conversation.
Together with your coach you talk about how you can manage the development you want to achieve, what is maybe holding you back and what options you have to go forward.
It’s a learning journey to find new ways to give direction to your own development and personal growth. Together with your coach you explore pathways to resolve issues. The goal is to develop strategies to achieve an improved performance towards your personal goal.
To achieve this, together with your coach, you will: identify blind spots, build self-awareness, increase confidence and resilience and strengthen your skills to self-direct your development.
The relationship between you and your coach is:
- Based on trust
- With mutual respect and confidentiality
Examples of coaching topics:
- For me it is really hard to study online. Sometimes my motivation is so low I want to give up. But that is not what I really want.
- I thrive when someone tells me what to do. Studying means more and more that I need to figure things out myself. Not knowing exactly how to go about my project makes me stress out. I want (to learn) to be more independent and self-regulating in my study work.
- I feel really disappointed in myself lately. I study long hours, but my grades don’t reflect that. It affects my self-confidence and I want it back.
- Sometimes I need to work together with fellow students. I don’t seem to get my ideas across to them. I typically get into a struggle who’s idea is the winning idea. I want to figure out how to become more effective in my communication and work together without competition.
- My first reaction in a situation is that I adapt to others. I notice that I get stressed when I need to Getting unstuck in your pattern.