Terms and Conditions
Coaching is a partnership between the Coach and the Coachee (the one being coached) in a thought-provoking and creative process. The coaching is designed to facilitate the creation of personal, professional, or business goals and to develop and carry out a plan for achieving those goals.
The coaching relationship
- The partnership between coach and coachee (the one being coached) is an alliance between equals.
- The purpose of the Online-coaching relationship is to support the coachee to achieve the formulated goal(s), which the coach and coachee mutually agreed upon. The OCC coaches work with personal work– and study–related questions and goals that require personal development.
- The coach and coachee will first come to an agreement about the nature of the coaching.
- Coaching is a non-therapeutic conversation intended for coachees who wish to enhance their performance or improve their personal situation, with regard to the mutually agreed upon goal(s) of the coachee.
- The coachee is always responsible and the owner of his/her own development, learning, and decisions. The coach and the OCC are not accountable for the decisions the coachee makes in using our services.
- Both the coachee and the coach are able to withdraw from the coaching relationship by giving notice of the reason.
- To create the time and energy to participate fully and to attend coaching sessions as agreed
- To select topics for discussion
- To set and pursue meaningful goals
- To communicate honestly and be open to feedback
- To fill in a short evaluation form after the coaching conversation.
Coachee acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is the coachee’s exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed.
- To manage the coaching process (including timekeeping)
- To undertake regular professional coaching supervision
- To maintain confidentiality (cases are discussed anonymously)
- To fill in a short evaluation of the coaching conversation.
- After consultation with the OCC, the coach can refer to another service of the university After consulting with the OCC supervisor.
- To bring questions to the learning community of the coaches
Coaches are aware of the ethics in coaching.
Number of sessions and fees
- The coachee and coach will meet for a maximum of five sessions, each lasting for no longer than 45 minutes. An extra series of 5 coaching conversations can be requested.
- Coaching sessions for UU students cost nothing more than being committed to your own development, being fully present in the coaching conversation, and being respectful of the time and attention the coach put into the contact. Coaching sessions are completely free of charge.
Rescheduling coaching sessions
Coaching sessions can be rescheduled by either the coachee or the coach as soon as possible and with at least 24 hours’ notice.
Confidentiality and privacy
The content of the coaching is confidential and something between coach and coachee. Both coach and coachee can bring a case to the InterVision/supervision of the coaches. In that case, it will be discussed anonymously.
Information about the coach
The Coaches are trained students and top performers of the UU course Coaching and Training or an equivalent of this course. The coaches are supervised by professional volunteer coaches in the learning community of the coaches.
For more information about the procedure Click here.
Style of coaching
Style of coaching will be discussed between the coach and coachee. Coaches can challenge the coachee to take a different perspective on his/her topic. The goal of the coachee is always the focus of the coach. The coach will not tell you what to do.
If you have an official complaint about your coach or your coaching conversation, you can email with the complaint officer. (email address) In case of a conflict between the coach, coachee, and the OCC, the decision of the conflicted officer is a final decision.
The coachee by booking for a session accepted the OCC terms and conditionals,